dinsdag 29 augustus 2017

Life seems but a quick succession of busy nothings.


I found a very nice Dutch  blog about Victorian Times. myinnervictorian/jane-austen-quotes
  1. There are as many forms of love as there are moments in time.” – brieven.
  2. “Life seems but a quick succession of busy nothings” – Mansfield Park (1814).
  3. “Oh! I am delighted with the book! I should like to spend my whole life in reading it.” – Northanger Abbey (1817).
  4. “Which of all my important nothings shall I tell you first?” – brieven.
  5. “I will not say that your mulberry-trees are dead, but I’m afraid they are not alive.” – brieven.
  6. “When I fall in love, it will be forever.” – Sense and Sensibility (1811).
  7. “She denied none of it aloud, and agreed to none of it in private.” – Emma (1815).
  8. Run mad as often as you choose, but do not faint.” Mansfield Park (1814).
  9. “I speak what appears to me the general opinion; and where an opinion is general, it is usually correct.” Mansfield Park (1814).
  10. “Laugh as much as you choose, but you will not laugh me out of my opinion.” Pride and Prejudice (1813).
  11. “Every man is surrounded by a neighbourhood of voluntary spies.” Northanger Abbey (1817).

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

JANE AUSTEN/ WEBSITES

Jane Austen

Jane Austen

trifle

trifle