donderdag 16 december 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANE AUSTEN

235 year ago Jane was born


The 235th birthday of Jane Austen has been celebrated with a new Google doodle.

   -------------------------


"[Miss Austen] had a talent for describing the involvements and feelings and characters of ordinary life which is to me the most wonderful I ever met with. The Big Bow-Wow strain I can do myself like any now going; but the exquisite touch, which renders ordinary commonplace things and characters interesting, from the truth of the description and the sentiment, is denied to me."

Walter Scott, Journal entry, 14 March 1826

--------------------------

 "Just the omission of Jane Austen's books alone would make a fairly good library out of a library that hadn't a book in it."

Mark Twain (1835-1910)
I guess not everyone loves her the way I do.

-------------------------

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

JANE AUSTEN/ WEBSITES

Jane Austen

Jane Austen

trifle

trifle